Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Go Vols!

The Larson's decided to take a family trip to Tennessee to watch the Vols in action and of course we jump at the opportunity for a short little get away. Originally we didn't think that I was going to be able to make it due to work, so John flew up there on a thursday, but  later I decided to get on a plane and head that way. I get to the airport and my flight is delayed hour after hour, and finally they cancel the flight and none are available till that next day, AND it was going to Nashville instead of Knoxville... Ahh the start to a very long weekend.

I finally get on a flight that next day, head to Nashville, rent a car (for $400 for the DAY!!!) and head to Knoxville, where I met the rest of the family and returned the car. It had been a long exhausting day but non the less it was fun to have a mini vacation and watch the Vols in action. We went to dinner that night and headed home to relax and prepared to go the game the next Day.




Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to UT to watch the players come onto the campus to prep before the game, I've never been to anything like this, it was so packed and so much fun! A few gators fan here and there but the majority of course were Vols fans, decked out in everything white and orange that they had.



They had been advertising it for a while before the game to try and "checker" the stadium, based on where your seats were, you would either wear white or orange. Our section was white, and we were all hesitant if this was going to work, and sure enough it did! It was so neat to see the stadium like this!!






Although they put up a great fight, unfortunately the gators won that game. We headed home, ate, and prepared to catch a flight the next day. Exhausting but fun short weekend trips are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment