I'm sitting on the couch one evening, thinking about how bad I need a vacation... and yes yes before you say it, I did just get back from one... but if you know me, you know how quickly I can get overwhelmed and stressed, and a little beach never hurt anyone...let me take a look real quick on how many flyer points we have....Oh lookie there! I have more than enough for a ticket!
I make a quick call to my girlfriend and start with "guess what!?! I can go to Belize!! WOOHOO!!" Keep in mind this was a WEEK before we are supposed to leave... last minute vacations are the best, especially when I don't have to plan them! :)
I met Courtney at the aiport, had a mimosa and we ran to our gate...yes, RAN... because in typical female fashion, we were late because you know... we had a full mimosa waiting to be drank.
We arrived in Belize and waited in the long airport lines, headed to another entrance, where we were escorted to another gate to get on our puddle jumper. Now I have never been on one, and the idea of a small unsteardy plane scares the living crap out of me, I already don't enjoy flying all that much... So what does Courtney do? She tells our captain to put me up there in the front seat with him! Um WHAT!?! I guess there are no rules here...
We fly over some beautiful, turquoise waters before arriving at a very small airport in Ambergris Cay. It's a little quaint town, full of culture, music playing in the streets, people riding bicyles and laying the horn on their little golf carts.
We rent our golf cart and take the long, very bumpy road to the house... I immediately think this is in the middle of nowhere! HA! we make our way in and out of little roads until we arrive at our destination... the only thing I could keep thinking and saying was Oh My Goodness... this is out of this world!
We bring our stuff in, turn the AC on, get changed and we head out to grab a bite to eat, after all it was lunch time and we were starving. We find this little restuarant on a patio with some gorgeous views, we take a seat, and the waiter tells us the specials... Conch season ends today he says! So I proceed to order Coconut Conch with Rice...I can't wait...We ate our meals and headed out to Pallappa Bar, a 2 story bar situated at the end of a dock, where you can hang out in tubes and they will lower you buckets of beer... awesome!
I ordered some fruity tropical drink... and something wasn't sitting right in my stomach... I wasn't able to finish my drink, something was off... We decided to leave and head back to the house. It must have been around 5 pm by this time. Let me tell you about that bumpy road... when you feel like you are about to hurl... the last thing you need is for the road to be bumpy. Multiple times I told Courtney that she may have to pull over... and to hurry and go as fast as she could...well, as fast as the golf cart can go.
We made it home, and so began my almost 14 hour adventure of not being able to keep anything down, not even water. I was curled up on the bathroom floor and all I could think about was that I didn't have any insurance cards, papers, anything! What would happen if I have to go to the hospital!?! This wasn't a far fetched statement because I could barely move, barely stand up. I came to the conclusion that I had food poisoning, on our first day of the trip! Noooooo.....
When I finally was able to make it back to bed, I turned off the AC, put on multiple layers of clothes and blankets, and I sweated, all night... until I woke up in the morning, feeling slightly better. Courtney went to the store and got me some medication and some bananas and crackers...what a life savor. I stayed all day on the porch and on the beach chairs, we didn't leave the house, and it was all I needed. We headed to town a bit later that afternoon and went to a restaurant that is known for their jerk chicken, ate, and even got some to go for dinner, headed back to the house, hung out by the pool, ate, and called it a night.
My Morning Coffee tasted so much better with this view...
Our doggie friend we made while we were at the house, she came by every day and even lounged with us at the beach. This is one of my favorite pics I took while I was on this trip.We spend the next morning on the beach, and Courtney teaching me how to paddle board and kayak, 2 things I've always wanted to do and never had the chance to do them! We even say a stingray and a HUGE Starfish! Such a cool experience. Later that afternoon, Courtney's friend arrived, and we hung out for a bit at the house, before heading out to dinner, and to a local bar afterwards and chatted with some locals.
The next day we woke up to a rainy view. We made some coffee and hung out on the porch and watched the rain clouds pour some rain over this beautiful view... relaxation at it's best.
I got my stuff ready as I was leaving the next day, a few days before Courtney so I didn't have to take vacation days. So long Belize, it's been real, it's been fun, minus the food poisoning.




















No comments:
Post a Comment